Another month has come and gone, and we are now into January. Christmas and New Years have come and gone. We’ve had our first real snowfall, though nothing too bad yet. The holidays were quite enjoyable.
December Stats & Information
I saw a another steady decline in most traffic statistics in December. The biggest culprit again was search engine traffic, which seriously plummeted. Another factor probably had to do with the holidays. I know I didn’t do as much as on the internet in December that I typically do, so I’m assuming a lot of other people scaled things back online as well. Just this week I’ve started to see things move back up a bit, so hopefully things have turned a corner and will get back to a more manageable level.
- Visits: 1,799 (vs. 3,835 in November)
- Unique Visitors: 1,557 (vs. 3,289 in November)
- Total Pageviews: 2,739 (vs. 13,624 in November)
- Pages per visit: 1.52 (vs.3.55 in November)
- Visit Duration: 1:43 (vs. 1:42 in November)
- Bounce Rate: 68.65% (vs. 66.00% in November)
Like I said, almost every statistic was significantly worse in December compared to November. I’m not sure what I can do to bring things back to where they were a couple months ago, but I’ll do some more digging and see. In the meantime all I can do is continue to do what I do, write posts that are interesting and that people can use, and keep networking with my fellow bloggers out there. I think December is the bottoming out month, and there’s no place to go but up from here.
- Alexa Ranking: 187,391 (vs. 176,996 in November)
- Google Pagerank: 2 (same as November)
- MozRank: 4.66 (vs. 4.57 in November)
- E-mail Subscriptions: 25 (vs. 21 in November)
- Facebook Likes: 195 (vs. 205 in November)
- Twitter Followers: 452 (vs. 165 in November)
My blog rankings are doing ok. My Alexa ranking went up a little (kind of disappointing), my Google Pagerank is at 2, and my MozRank went up (yay). I’m still working on social media, and made significant progress on Twitter (though some people must have un-liked me on Facebook. I took part in a couple giveaways that really boosted my Twitter followers.
How My Goals Went
I met some of them, came close to others, and totally missed some other goals.
I wanted to see my Alexa ranking drop to 160,000 by the end of December but didn’t make it. I’ll keep the same goal for January.
I set the following social media goals for December:
- Email Subscriptions: 25 (Actual was 25). Met my goal, so the January goal will be 30.
- Facebook Likes: 225 (Actual was 195). Didn’t meet it, so the January goal will be the same 225.
- Twitter Followers: 250 (Actual was 452). I did pretty good here and met my goal, so the goal for January will be 600.
I also had a few other blog-related goals:
- Make 15 comments on other blogs each week (I’m pretty sure I didn’t do this, though I came close). For January I’m going to keep it at 15 comments a week.
- Comment on 1 new (to me) blog each week (I know I didn’t do this).
- Tweet out 7 links each week as I encounter really good posts at other blogs (I think I actually did this)